4.10.2008

A Little Starstruck


I must admit, I am a little starstruck. For those of you who are fans of Toad The Wet Sprocket (well, lets face it, even if you aren't a devote follower, you have enjoyed at least some of their music) and are familiar with their frontman, Glen Phillips, you will know that he is a great musician/songwriter. Well I had the pleasure of meeting him personally last week. Even helped give him a tour of Goddard. He is a really nice guy and I must say I was really impressed with his knolwedge of space and engineering. He held a concert at the Goddard cafeteria and it was great seeing a room of engineers rocking out. I highly recommend his latest solo album! (you can sample it on his website and buy it there).

Picture is of me with Glen in front of a model of JWST, credit is Glen Phillips and from his website. He has a post up on his blog about the visit (and mentions me by name :-))!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cool. He fixed his blog to include your really long title. Sadly it didn't have "rocket scientist" in it... I was sooooo hoping. :-)

Anonymous said...

Of course everyone has heard of this McLaughlin wunderkid, but who is this Phillips character again? Toadawhata?